cHARITY OF THE mONTH
Camp Kanata scholarships provide financial support for children, regardless of income or background, to attend Camp Kanata in rural Wake County for summer day camp, weekly overnight camp and weekend mini camps. These scholarships also benefit children who have suffered extreme trauma from burns at a special weekend camp called Camp Celebrate. In addition, funding is also provided to send children who have lost a family member to attend a special bereavement camp weekend called Comfort Zone camp.
Can't donate now? Bring any of the following recyclable material to Garage Brothers and we'll donate the money collected from those items to that month's charity.
1. Solo Cups - Another item that is collected and recycled to earn money for your charity.
2. Scotch Tape - Scotch tape plastic tape dispensers and plastic tape cores are more recyclable items.
3. Lunch Kits - We accept lunch kit plastic trays, lunch kit plastic lids, lunch kit plastic film, lunch kit outer wrapper, and lunch kit content packaging.
4. Dairy Tubs - We accepts yogurt tubs and lids, sour cream tubs and lids, cheese tubs and lids, cream cheese tubs and lids, butter and margarine tubs and lids, plastic ice cream tubs and lids, whipped topping tubs and lids, pudding tubs and lids, foil tops, and plastic seals.
5. Diaper Packaging - We accept plastic diaper packaging, wipes outer plastic packaging, and individual wipes packaging.
6. Hummus Containers - We accept hummus containers and tubs, hummus container lids, hummus container foil tops and plastic film, hummus container outer plastic seals and other plastic packaging.
7. Writing Utensils - Another recycling item, this includes pens and pen caps, mechanical pencils, markers and marker caps, highlighters and highlighter caps, permanent markers and permanent marker caps.
8. Cigarette Waste - The world litters 4.5 trillion cigarette butts a year and finding a way to recycle them has finally come to fruition. Again, these are recycled and along with the cigarette butts we will also take cigarette filters, loose tobacco pouches, outer plastic packaging, inner foil packaging, rolling paper, and ash.
14. Cleaning Products Packaging - We will take the pumps, triggers, pouches, and flexible cleaner product packaging.
15. Oral Hygiene Items - We will take toothpaste tubes and caps, toothbrushes, toothbrush and toothpaste tube outer packaging, and floss containers. This also includes Colgate Wisps.
16. Drink Pouches - We will accept aluminium drink pouches, plastic drink pouches, drink pouch straws, and drink pouch straw wrappers.
17. Elmer's Glue - We will accept the following by Elmer's ONLY. Glue sticks, glue bottles, and glue tops of all sizes.
18. Personal Care/Beauty Products - We will accept hair care packaging, skin care packaging, and cosmetics packaging.